Monday, May 30, 2011

Being a Mama


Nothing in the world even came close to preparing me for being a mother.

The instant Mac was rested on my chest for the first time my heart grew a trillion sizes bigger. I have never felt such awe, love, protectiveness and joy in my life. For weeks after he came home I was completely overwhelmed by how much I loved this little man. I would sit and watch him with tears running down my face, unable to fully express to people how big my heart felt in those moments.

While I no longer cry just by the sight of him, he still evokes the biggest emotion from me. Nothing feels better then when he is tired and rubs his face all over mine to find the perfect cozy, safe nook to drift to sleep resting against. I adore his cheeky smiles and his flirty eyes. He is perfect in every sense of the word and I am so blessed that I get to be his Mama, and that this love will continue to grow.








No comments:

Post a Comment