Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Father's Day


With Fathers Day a few days away, I find myself thinking less about the fathers I have been lucky to have, and more about what my son has been given as a father figure.

When I first met Brett there was no doubt in my mind that he was a stand up guy. He was sweet, considerate and very loving. Like any woman would do, I often wondered about the dad he would become someday. So far he has surpassed even what I expected of him.

I am so happy that my son has been given a father that will play with him, read to him, cuddle him, teach him, discipline him, put him first and most of all LOVE him beyond belief.

Of all the fathers out there, I am most thankful and proud of the one my son has.


You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.






No comments:

Post a Comment